Economic JusticeLast modified: March 14, 2011
Help Protect Public Workers Rights in Iowa!
On March 7th, the Iowa House of Representatives held a public hearing on House Study Bill (HSB) 117. Iowans overwhelmingly tunred out against this bill by a ratio of 10 to 1. This bill is a Wisconsin-style attack on the public sector bargaining laws in Iowa. HSB 117 would affect all public workers in Iowa. It aims to do many things that would directly impact paycheck and benefits including:
- • charging up to 30% for health insurance while taking away workers’ voices in what their health insurance coverage looks like
- • stripping away many collective bargaining rights
- • taking away recall rights with layoffs/layoffs not done by seniority
- • destroy binding arbitration
- • even after arbitration, the Governor and Legislature could override agreements.
Keep the pressure on… PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATORS and weigh in on this issue TODAY –
Take the Bus to Madison! AGAIN!
This past Saturday, crowds swelled as 180,000 citizens descended on Madison’s capitol building protesting Governor Scott Walker’s union busting bill.
You have yet another opportunity to join the cause in solidarity with workers everywhere. There will be yet another bus going to Madison this Saturday, March 19th.
To reserve a seat call: 309-738-3196 or email: email@example.com